Posted: 07 November 2008 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
Sr. Member - Chef de la Patrie
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2411
Joined  1969-12-31
Anyone heard of Bogosse?

http://www.bogosse.com/

found this online

"Not only are these two Haitian brothers handsome, they're intelligent, have great style and are in business together. Brothers, Fabrice and Patrick Tardieu have a high fashion men's line called Bogosse. . "The name comes from the french term beau gosse, meaning 'handsome guy' explains Patrick , Bogosse CEO and former captain of the Haitian national soccer team. "It's a phrase used to describe the best-looking guy in the room, the kind that ladies find irresistible." Bogosse was such an appropriate name, being that it's a menswear company that makes high quality tailored shirts in beautiful eye-catching colors and prints that aren't gaudy. I love the vintage 50's/ Miami Vice/ European vibe these shirts have, with the contrast stitching, satin trim detailing and caribbean palette.

Bogosse has an impressive list of supporters like: Jamie Fox, Samuel L. Jackson, Tony Parker, Ryan Seacrest and Usher.

i found more i will post em later

Posted: 07 November 2008 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4122
Joined  1969-12-31
LilHomie2020 - 07 November 2008 10:19 AM
Anyone heard of Bogosse?

http://www.bogosse.com/

Great find. thanks for posting.

i found more i will post em later

please do. grin
 Signature 

That which nourishes me also destroys me.

Posted: 07 November 2008 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
That seems to be them. Patrick on left; Fabrice on right.

25173433.jpg

HaitibrothersBOGOGE.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 07 November 2008 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
Andy Jacques
andyjacques_large2.jpg

you can check out his stuff here

http://www.modelmayhem.com/andyjacquescouture

Marie Claudinette Jean for Fusha. She is the wife of Wyclef Jean
f3.jean1a.jpg

Marie Claudinette Jean is one of the fashion industry's up and coming designers. While her company, Fusha Designs, Inc. has been operating since 2000, it was Jean's fall 2004 collection that made a splash on the runways during February's Fashion Week in New York City. To know Jean's style is to know her--her Haitian background, her marriage to performer/producer Wyclef Jean and her dedication to her studies at Montclair State University.

Posted: 07 November 2008 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10398
Joined  1969-12-31
Brothers from Haiti stitch together a business in high-fashion dress shirts

Source: Miami Herald, Jan. 17.06

Being told that someone you don't know is wearing your clothes might be disconcerting. When brothers Patrick and Fabrice Tardieu received a telephone call to that effect last spring, it made their year.

A frantic friend ''urged me to turn my television to American Idol,'' Fabrice says.

Host Ryan Seacrest, standing center stage and under the spotlight, sported a black dress shirt of Jacquard fabric, with square brown buttons and golden brown stitching -- a creation of the Tardieu brothers, who came to Miami from their native Haiti to found a fashion empire.

That evening was the first big break for the Tardieus.

''I cannot tell you in any case, how elated we were at the time,'' Patrick says. ``But as I said -- and I pray this does not sound arrogant -- we knew it would happen. We just didn't know when.''

Both Patrick, 37, and Fabrice, 27, will tell you their upbringing in the Delmas 83 community between Petionville and Port-au-Prince was not one of poverty. They were raised comfortably, both men say, by hard-working parents who operated a successful import/export business.

Even so, the route from childhood in Haiti to adulthood as creators of Bogosse, a high-fashion line of men's dress shirts, ran thousands of miles through several countries and more than one other career.

Patrick, a youth soccer prodigy in Haiti, moved to Brussels at 16 to play professionally and study at Belgium's European University College.

In 1993, three years after graduating with a business administration degree, Patrick -- the first Haitian ever drafted to the United States Major League Soccer league -- moved to South Florida for a gig with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers.

But he knew there had to be a life after soccer, so he started Tarimex, then a tiny, exclusive-to-Haiti freight shipping business. With office space in the galley of a rusty freighter ship in the Port of Miami, Patrick at first shipped one or two small boxes of household goods per week. Today, Tarimex operates from Doral and sends at least one large shipping container to Haiti each week. The company also has a large warehouse and more than 50 employees receiving the containers in Port-au-Prince.

Even with that success, fashion remained on Patrick's mind.

''People will tell you of Patrick that as a child he was meticulous with his style. He was dapper. He had a love for a good look,'' Fabrice says.

Fabrice followed big brother's lead when he was 13, living first in Miami, where he graduated from Sunset Senior High School, and then it was off to the European University de Paris.

Then came a full-time job in Paris as the top sales rep and distribution supervisor for Emporio Armani to retailers in France and the French Caribbean. It was while visiting Fabrice that Patrick decided it was time to try his passion for fashion.

After a failed attempt at importing and distributing a line of shirts he discovered in Paris, Patrick decided in 2002 that he and his brother -- who studied art in college -- should break out and offer their own clothing line.

''I tell you with no exaggeration that I was so excited for my brother that I dropped everything. I mean everything,'' says Fabrice, who was then barely 25.

A short time later, Fabrice left Paris behind and joined Patrick in Miami.

With little fanfare and literally no money to pay themselves a salary, the brothers Tardieu immediately began to develop Bogosse -- derived from the French phrase for a stylishly handsome man.

By late 2003, Patrick had consulted his longtime advisor Ray Heraux, a Miami attorney, and Eli Akiba, a friend prominent in the Miami-area fashion scene for decades.

''You have to understand that Patrick is relentless, an amazing young man,'' Heraux says. ``When he came from Europe and was on his way to completing his soccer career, he had nothing, not a dime. And he even tried other things, some of them not successful. But when he told me about Bogosse, it was different.''

After a trip to Turkey to line up a manufacturer, Patrick asked Heraux to come by his office in Doral and look at the model shirt he'd designed.

''Not only did I like it and approve,'' Heraux says, ``but I have it! That shirt! I told him that when Bogosse takes off I want that shirt, specifically. I told him he had struck a gold mine.''

As for Akiba, owner of Lulu and Lulu Couture in the Bal Harbour Shops and the first vendor in the United States to carry Bogosse, he insists it's one of the best fashion lines he's ever seen.

''I knew immediately there was a market for them,'' Akiba says. ``I was so impressed with the shirts, I gave him an order for my stores. And they have sold very well.''

And Bal Harbour's not the only place Bogosse shirts, at $160 to $200 each, are selling very well. From selling just a handful the first year, in 2005 Patrick and Fabrice have sold nearly 14,000 of the custom shirts at more than 70 retail shops worldwide, including stores in Washington, D.C., Marseille, France, and Fukuoka, Japan.

Aside from Idol's Seacrest, Bogosse shirts have graced the backs of other celebrities: Alfonso De Anda, Mexico's own version of Seacrest, donned Bogosse at a Billboard music award show; R&B;powerhouse Usher rocked a Bogosse shirt on the red carpet at the 2005 Chanel Costume Institute Gala. Crunk rap guru Lil' John wore Bogosse to a formal MTV event. And Miami Heat center Shaquille O'Neal flossed in Bogosse on the cover of Ocean Drive magazine.

What of the future? Patrick would like to see the shirts available in high-end retail outlets like Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue.

The brothers and business partners say they thrive o

Posted: 07 November 2008 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
Fashion and culture in Little Haiti, Miami
fashion-miami_bolero1.jpgfashion-miami_bolero3.jpg
BOLERO
Latin Fever Mingles
With The Heat Of Haiti
To Cast A Bewitching Spell
http://www.visavismag.com/content/view/91/73/
Photographed in Miami’s Little Haiti, where the infectious compass beats are the soundtrack of the streets. Colorful and cool as the Caribbean, Little Haiti is a community where Haitian culture is alive and well. Stroll past the Caribbean market place modeled by home-sick Haitians after the famous iron marketplace of Port-Au-Prince, and dozens of little shops selling Caribbean-inspired arts, craft and clothing. Stop by Les Cousins Records for the latest Haitian rhythms, or visit Libreri Mapou, where over 6,000 books in French, Creole, and English are housed. Customers can browse through poetry, novels, or Haitian newspapers while sipping a homemade “kremas,” a traditional drink made from milk, eggs, coconut and rum.

Creole language signs, brightly painted buildings, colorful buses festooned with slogans for local political elections and eye–catching mural storefronts are staples in this neighborhood. And so is vodou - just take a gander into one of the area’s botanicas (a spiritual kind of drugstore) where potions and religious articles are sold- a reminder that it’s a real and living faith in this vicinity. Inside the botanicas, the heady scent of amber and incense overwhelm the senses and ancient wooden cabinets line the walls, filled with bottles and candles decorated with sequins and pictures of saints. The local Hougan- who claims access to the spirit world stands behind a counter filled with vials of mysterious potions, ready to sell you any concoction that may bring you luck, money and even love. But there are also countless eglises (Christian churches) so don’t be fooled!

After all the wondering about, you’ll no doubt work up an appetite. For a true taste of Haiti, order up some pigeon peas and rice, oxtail and goat stew from one of the many inexpensive restaurants.

Posted: 07 November 2008 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
anybody heard of Fabrice Simon

-Born: Fabrice Simon in Port au Prince, Haiti, 29 January 1951; moved to the U.S., 1964.
-Education: Studied textile design and fashion illustration, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, 1969-70.
-Career: Freelance textile designer, 1971-76; formed own company producing hand-painted and beaded gowns, 1976; mens-wear line introduced, 1985; abandoned designing for painting, 1990s; abstract paintings exhibited in New York and Palm Beach, 1997.
-Awards: Coty American Fashion Critics award, 1981.
-Died: 29 July 1998, in New York.

Since founding his company in 1976, Haitian-born Fabrice was known primarily for eveningwear targeted to the high end of the custom and ready-to-wear markets. He trained as a textile designer. When he turned from textile to fashion design in 1975, not surprisingly he began to work in hand-painted fabrics. His first significant sale was a small number of gowns purchased by the New York specialty shop Henri Bendel. Bendel's was instrumental in establishing the career of many young designers. This was the heyday of Bendel's "open house," where the store's buyers set aside a weekly time to view, sometimes to purchase, work from unknown artists. Typically, these unknowns lacked major financial backing and production resources. More than a few of them were also producing hand-painted silks in limited quantity. It was a labor intensive but otherwise relatively inexpensive way to enter the world of fashion.

Fabrice sought to distinguish his product from others and to expand his market. He found the way when he discovered a selection of beaded motifs originating in Haiti. Fabrice commissioned Haitian beaders and embroiderers to execute his designs, beginning in 1979. Although he still worked with hand-painted fabrics throughout his short career, he is best remembered for his distinctive beaded gowns.

Fabrice's work reflected a contemporary approach to the ancient craft of beading. His gowns were imbued with a modern sensibility, designed from within a frame of reference suggesting a response and asking for a second look. His beaded squiggles invite comparison with the paintings of Joan Miró and with the graffiti found on public buildings. On a dark ground, his abstract designs seem suspended in space, like the lights of a far off bridge at night. More easily read patterns also startle and amuse when worked in bugle beads. Imagine, for example, a beaded gown patterned like an argyle sock, or one inspired by a woven ikat. Fabrice's references included cobwebs and comic strips; he acknowledged trendy street styles without ignoring past traditions.

In his formal menswear collections, Fabrice offered alternatives to the traditional black tie ensemble. He showed silk t-shirts for evening, pairing them with houndstooth or floral damask dinner jackets, or with unstructured smoking jackets for an even more relaxed look. Acknowledging the street influence on his work, Fabrice introduced a bridge collection in 1992 called Graffiti. His nylon, rayon, and Lycra Spandex dresses in stinging colors with contrasting insets or appliqués were sleek and colorful wearable graphics. In his ready-to-wear and in his custom clothes, Fabrice's wit always complemented his artistry.

The extent of Fabrice's fashion reign was brief; he made a major splash and then gave up dressmaking for painting. Though his boldly colorful abstracts received some critical praise, he will be remembered for the flashy beaded gowns wore by a bevy of celebrities, including Iman, Madonna, Natalie Cole, Whitney Houston, Ivana Trump, Shirley MaClaine, and Kathleen Turner. In July of 1998, at the age of 47, Fabrice succumbed to AIDS in New York City.

Posted: 07 November 2008 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
LilHomie2020 - 07 November 2008 10:51 AM
Andy Jacques
andyjacques_large2.jpg

http://www.modelmayhem.com/andyjacquescouture

Thought i was looking at Ne yo here. LOL.
 Signature 

Posted: 07 November 2008 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7384
Joined  2008-07-29
great post lil hommie
 Signature 

Remember your words----reflect on your emotional tirades for once.

Posted: 07 November 2008 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1264
Joined  1969-12-31
LilHomie2020 - 07 November 2008 10:51 AM
Andy Jacques

"BLASTPHEMY"

Marie Claudinette Jean for Fusha. She is the wife of Wyclef Jean

f3.jean1a.jpg

Marie Claudinette Jean is one of the fashion industry's up and coming designers. While her company, Fusha Designs, Inc. has been operating since 2000, it was Jean's fall 2004 collection that made a splash on the runways during February's Fashion Week in New York City. To know Jean's style is to know her--her Haitian background, her marriage to performer/producer Wyclef Jean and her dedication to her studies at Montclair State University.
 Signature 

Taxation with representation ain’t so hot either. ~Gerald Barzan

Posted: 07 November 2008 12:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
Bogosse Fashion Week

Bogosse @ Cannes Film Festival 2008

How Bogosse got started

Bogosse @ Flamingo

Posted: 07 November 2008 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
Anyone hear of Ronald & Rony Delice

Fashion designers, entrepreneurs

On the cutting edge of men's fashion design since the late 1990s, twin brothers Ronald and Rony Delice have become known for creating fine suits that incorporate bold color combinations with edgy styling. Their Ron & Ron menswear label, worn by such celebrities as Will Smith and Samuel L. Jackson, has brought the brothers both critical acclaim and financial success, and has earned them a respected place among what Daily News Record writer Stan Gellers called "a hip new breed of 30-something tailors with a real passion for clothing."

The brothers, born in 1966 in Haiti, were the two surviving siblings among a set of quadruplets. They are fraternal twins: Ronald is older than Rony by ten seconds. With their five other siblings, the brothers grew up in a family of modest means in Haiti. They wore uniforms to their Catholic school, but enjoyed dressing up in their "Sunday best" clothes for church. Their father was a tailor and their mother, who worked as a seamstress, taught the brothers the importance of presenting a good appearance even though they could not afford elegant clothing. As Ronald observed to Kathryn Wexler of the Miami Herald, their mother used to tell them, "When you have no money in your pocket…the way you present yourself as far as your clothes, your demeanor, makes a whole big difference. They don't categorize you if you're always well presented."

The brothers moved to New York City at age 11, and during their high school years they enjoyed visiting upscale Manhattan department stores to look at the latest clothing. They went on to attend the prestigious Fashion Institute of Technology, and after graduating went to Europe for a year, where Ronald trained with expert tailors in France and Rony studied fine tailoring in Italy. As Ronald commented to Black Enterprise writer Demetria Lucas, "Fashion is in our blood. It just comes naturally."

Ronald and Rony began working at Beau Brummel, a men's boutique in the Soho district of Manhattan, in the 1980s. "They were the best dressed guys in the store from the day they started working," the boutique's former owner told Wexler. Indeed, customers often liked what the brothers wore more than what was available in the store. "Everyone kept asking us where we had our suits made," Ronald told Daily News Record contributor Stan Gellers. After customers began asking to buy the same suits that the brothers themselves were wearing, Beau Brummel's owners asked the Delices to create a signature line for the boutique. The brothers' designs matched vibrant colors with striking details such as multiple buttons and top stitching—elements that Ronald and Rony link to their roots in Haiti, where even the poorest people wear their clothes with inimitable flair. "Our style was totally different from the stuff that the store carried," Rony told Lucas. "We have always just done our own thing."

In 1998 the brothers launched their own clothing and accessories label, Ron & Ron. The business has performed extraordinarily well. "Our first year went smoothly," Ronald told Lucas. "Usually, even if you know what you're doing, it's terrible. But we were very focused." With an initial investment of $35,000 from their savings and those of Ronald's wife, a toy designer and graphic artist, the brothers built Ron & Ron into a major force in the men's fashion industry. By 2003 the company saw annual sales of more than $500,000.

You can read the rest of the article here
http://biography.jrank.org/pages/2400/Delice-Ronald-Rony.html

Posted: 07 November 2008 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
^^^^ The Rons
RonDelice_LiyaKebede.jpg

10269412.jpg
 Signature 

1 of 4