1 of 3
Undocumented Haitians start getting Dominican IDs
Posted: 23 January 2009 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2008-12-13
SANTO DOMINGO.- Dominican authorities began to issue documents to Haitians who work illegally in agriculture, construction and livestock in the north and northwest, to regulate the foreign manpower, said an official source Thursday.

The head of the Immigration Agency in the north, Juan Isidro Perez said together with the Army, his department reached an agreement with northwest banana growers and cattle ranchers to begin regulating the Haitian workers, by issuing thousands of IDs.

The official said the time has come to regulate undocumented Haitians in Dominican territory on put the brakes on massive immigration. “The problem is increasingly graver."

Perez said once the documentation of undocumented workers concludes, Immigration, the Army and the Police will coordinate a plan to repatriate the foreigners who live illegally in Santiago, Puerto Plata, Mao and other Cibao cities.

He asked farmers, construction and other sectors which use illegal Haitian manpower to regulate their migratory status, because those without papers will be repatriated.

Posted: 23 January 2009 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Gwo Chèf
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  338
Joined  1969-12-31
Good to see the two nations of Hispaniola are working together.

I hope our country can move in progress so we can rebuild our nation.so Haitians can stay on there side of the border.

can i get a link, where it say this information,please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks-Hand banana
 Signature 

100 %Ouest-Indes ,100% West-Indian

Haiti The pearl of the Antilles

100 % Haitian - 0 % Yankee (American)

Posted: 23 January 2009 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Sr. Member - Chef de la Patrie
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2833
Joined  1969-12-31
http://www2.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2009/1/23/30845/Undocumented-Haitians-start-getting-Dominican-IDs

Posted: 23 January 2009 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3967
Joined  2008-06-29
haitianprince - 23 January 2009 07:22 AM

I hope our country can move in progress so we can rebuild our nation.so Haitians can stay on there side of the border.

thanks-Hand banana

Well said haitianprince.
 Signature 

EDUCATION is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance

NO MATTER how dark the night the sun always rises.

Posted: 23 January 2009 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1036
Joined  1969-12-31
Stop being greedy and self-serving to our own created paths of destructions:

Both occupants of the Island should understand what could be benfited by sharing whatever they can work on in order to attract economic wealth from the rest of the world and equally share the loot.... Untill then, neither will live in satisfaction.

The idea of : " Look at me .. Iam better than you because a bit more scrap was thrown my way today" is very small-minded thinking. Even dogs that have been forced into sharing the same junkyard under similar types of miserable life's condtions do not so easily turn on each other. Thye eventually figure it out and strategize their attacks on perpetrators.
[ Edited: 23 January 2009 01:57 PM by Milktree ]
 Signature 

“Inspiration does not favor those who like to sit still” Toyota.

Posted: 23 January 2009 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Gwo Chèf
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2008-12-02
Do the Dominican authorities realize what they are doing? This will cause serious problems in the future. Are Haitains be given a legal document? Does that make them legal? If yes, the Constitution decision of 2004 will be useless… Why? Because for this moment on those children born to legalized Haitian will become “Dominican.” At least legally. Then, Will Haitians qualify for social benefits and pension? This is criminal, this government will destroy any symbol of sovereignty in the name of immediate economic gain. If construction sector cannot find low wage worker, let them go bankrupt. It's a nightmare. This is worst than I thought. If Dominicans don’t get rid of Leonel Fernandez, in three years we’ll be the eastern province of Haiti. This is a disgrace. I hope this decision will be rectified immediately. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Why did the Trinitarios fight for? I thinking about renouncing my nationality, burn my documents in a public square...

Posted: 23 January 2009 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Gwo Chèf
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-02
maximo - 23 January 2009 01:18 PM
haitianprince - 23 January 2009 07:22 AM

thanks-Hand banana

Well said haitianprince.

Who said we want to be together? You have your side, we have ours. We are just balkanizing a small island. Putting to much freaking demographic pressure. We have our poors. You should deal with yours

Posted: 23 January 2009 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Gwo Chèf
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-02
Milktree - 23 January 2009 01:53 PM

Both occupants of the Island should understand what could be benfited by sharing whatever they can work on in order to attract economic wealth from the rest of the world and equally share the loot.... Untill then, neither will live in satisfaction.

The idea of : " Look at me .. Iam better than you because a bit more scrap was thrown my way today" is very small-minded thinking. Even dogs that have been forced into sharing the same junkyard under similar types of miserable life's condtions do not so easily turn on each other. Thye eventually figure it out and strategize their attacks on perpetrators.

There is no need for understanding. The only thing we need to know is that Haiti is the Western third and should stay there. DR is the East and belong to Dominicans ONLY. We have 22% unemployment among Dominicans, much due to the presence of Haitians illegal migrants who devalue local wage and rob Dominicans of opportunities. This is no about A superiority complex. This is about right and wrong. NO HAITIAN SHOULD GET A JOB IN DR AT THE EXPENSE OF A DOMINICAN. Haitians should not be allowed to influence our Dominican culture. I'm ashamed and upset at those Domincians who are willing to give up sovereingty in the name of the mighty dollar.

Posted: 23 January 2009 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Gwo Chèf
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  415
Joined  1969-12-31
Leceista - 23 January 2009 06:41 PM
Do the Dominican authorities realize what they are doing? This will cause serious problems in the future. Are Haitains be given a legal document? Does that make them legal? If yes, the Constitution decision of 2004 will be useless… Why? Because for this moment on those children born to legalized Haitian will become “Dominican.” At least legally. Then, Will Haitians qualify for social benefits and pension? This is criminal, this government will destroy any symbol of sovereignty in the name of immediate economic gain. If construction sector cannot find low wage worker, let them go bankrupt. It's a nightmare. This is worst than I thought. If Dominicans don’t get rid of Leonel Fernandez, in three years we’ll be the eastern province of Haiti. This is a disgrace. I hope this decision will be rectified immediately. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Why did the Trinitarios fight for? I thinking about renouncing my nationality, burn my documents in a public square...

Anmwey!

Mwen gen brike. Pa gen moun ki gen gasoline la pou ede mesye a boule dokiman'l yo. Paspo Ameriken nan men jan jwenn nan konya lap rele li pral boule dokiman. Mesye, ah wi monche! Gen bagay pou moun we sou sit sa!
[ Edited: 23 January 2009 11:54 PM by KEN5938 ]
 Signature 

M’ap swiv!!!

Posted: 23 January 2009 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2428
Joined  1969-12-31
LMAO at Leceista panicking. Better get some Kreyol lessons lol.

Posted: 23 January 2009 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Gwo Chèf
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-02
LilHomie2020 - 23 January 2009 06:59 PM
LMAO at Leceista panicking. Better get some Kreyol lessons lol.

I see you're laughing. One day you'll regret it.

Posted: 23 January 2009 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1036
Joined  1969-12-31
Leiceta;
you are nolonger taking the time to read first before reacting. This could be some type of blindnes
You need to be careful.... This type of blindness can someday leave you with a hatred-filled heart. Even things as simple as a mirror in your place of dwelling could become hazardous to your very own health.

Leceista - 23 January 2009 06:48 PM

[size=6]There is no need for understanding. The only thing we need to know is that Haiti is the Western third and should stay there. DR is the East and belong to Dominicans ONLY. We have 22% unemployment among Dominicans, much due to the presence of Haitians illegal migrants who devalue local wage and rob Dominicans of opportunities. This is no about A superiority complex. This is about right and wrong. NO HAITIAN SHOULD GET A JOB IN DR AT THE EXPENSE OF A DOMINICAN. Haitians should not be allowed to influence our Dominican culture. I'm ashamed and upset at those Domincians who are willing to give up sovereingty in the name of the mighty dollar.
\

Here's one more chance for you to read this again.

The idea of : " Look at me .. Iam better than you because a bit more scrap was thrown my way today" is very small-minded thinking. Even dogs that have been forced into sharing the same junkyard under similar types of miserable life's condtions do not so easily turn on each other. Thye eventually figure it out and strategize their attacks on perpetrators.Milktree - 23 January 2009 02:53 PM

[/size]
[ Edited: 23 January 2009 08:05 PM by Milktree ]
 Signature 

“Inspiration does not favor those who like to sit still” Toyota.

Posted: 23 January 2009 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Gwo Chèf
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-02
Milktree - 23 January 2009 08:03 PM
Leiceta;
you are nolonger taking the time to read first before reacting. This could be some type of blindnes
You need to be careful.... This type of blindness can someday leave you with a hatred-filled heart. Even things as simple as a mirror in your place of dwelling could become hazardous to your very own health.

Leceista - 23 January 2009 06:48 PM

[size=6]There is no need for understanding. The only thing we need to know is that Haiti is the Western third and should stay there. DR is the East and belong to Dominicans ONLY. We have 22% unemployment among Dominicans, much due to the presence of Haitians illegal migrants who devalue local wage and rob Dominicans of opportunities. This is no about A superiority complex. This is about right and wrong. NO HAITIAN SHOULD GET A JOB IN DR AT THE EXPENSE OF A DOMINICAN. Haitians should not be allowed to influence our Dominican culture. I'm ashamed and upset at those Domincians who are willing to give up sovereingty in the name of the mighty dollar.
\

Here's one more chance for you to read this again.

The idea of : " Look at me .. Iam better than you because a bit more scrap was thrown my way today" is very small-minded thinking. Even dogs that have been forced into sharing the same junkyard under similar types of miserable life's condtions do not so easily turn on each other. Thye eventually figure it out and strategize their attacks on perpetrators.Milktree - 23 January 2009 02:53 PM

[/size]

NO, WE SHOULD COMPETE. SHARING WILL TAKE US NOWHERE. ONLY COMPETITION MOVES HUMAN PROGRESS....

1 of 3