Sr. Member - Chef de la Patrie
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4122
Joined  2008-06-29
the Islamic religion and culture is growing in Haiti

[ Edited: 06 January 2013 02:23 PM by maximo ]
 Signature 

EDUCATION is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance

NO MATTER how dark the night the sun always rises.

Posted: 06 January 2013 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2249
Joined  2010-05-19
These name (Hakeem,Abdallah etc)

are more about Arab migration in Haiti than anything else

Posted: 06 January 2013 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3303
Joined  1969-12-31
Incognito - 06 January 2013 02:38 PM
These name (Hakeem,Abdallah etc)

are more about Arab migration in Haiti than anything else

some have been muslim about a year or so. perhaps they changed their names after they adapted the faith.

i just hope they don't get attacked or killed out of ignorance.
 Signature 

lougarou, si se wou di se wou wi.

Posted: 07 January 2013 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1293
Joined  1969-12-31
I don't have anything against the Muslim religion, but a common theme across these videos is that many Haitian Muslims are brand new converts. It looks like many of us are just lost, ready to jump on anyone's bandwagon who promises to give us food and shelter. Very sad from my point of view.

Posted: 07 January 2013 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3303
Joined  1969-12-31
Rachel - 07 January 2013 12:23 AM
I don't have anything against the Muslim religion, but a common theme across these videos is that many Haitian Muslims are brand new converts. It looks like many of us are just lost, ready to jump on anyone's bandwagon who promises to give us food and shelter. Very sad from my point of view.

you're definitely right about that. other videos show kids learning different languages. i guess wherever they find food and shelter, they adopt the culture there. sad. really sad.
 Signature 

lougarou, si se wou di se wou wi.

Posted: 07 January 2013 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3060
Joined  2008-09-23
I too don't have anything against Moslims but in this era this is a bad time to convert a nation that is severely stigmatize and have so much negative stereotypes to look towards Mohamet. I prefer us labeled as voudou worshippers than associated with moslims. Look at what the Arabs have done to Subsaharan Africans. I prefer Haitians to stay away from this religion..Christianity has done enough.

Posted: 07 January 2013 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10750
Joined  1969-12-31
That VIRUS must be eradicated BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY before it spreads.

95% of Negros lack the intellectual capacity to properly understand foreign cults and superstitions.

Posted: 07 January 2013 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Gwo Chèf
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  233
Joined  2008-05-02
I wish them luck and please capture only the positive about the religion. I can't imagine a taptap exploding or some Jean Pierre mhakalla blowing him self up. And one big mistake is to challenge voodoo.. respect others believe.
 Signature 

yo mele

Posted: 07 January 2013 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Gran Pan Pan!!
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  823
Joined  2010-01-14
Vicecomes - 07 January 2013 08:30 AM
I too don't have anything against Moslims but in this era this is a bad time to convert a nation that is severely stigmatize and have so much negative stereotypes to look towards Mohamet. I prefer us labeled as voudou worshippers than associated with moslims. Look at what the Arabs have done to Subsaharan Africans. I prefer Haitians to stay away from this religion..Christianity has done enough.

The most likely scenario is moun levanjil and the missionaries will finally have some real competion and will begin to attack mosques and muslims the same they've been attacking vaudouisants and Catholic churches. So far they've been the main ones preaching hatred in Haiti.

Posted: 07 January 2013 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1216
Joined  2010-05-07
Ti-Joe Gro Nen - 07 January 2013 05:28 AM
Rachel - 07 January 2013 12:23 AM

you're definitely right about that. other videos show kids learning different languages. i guess wherever they find food and shelter, they adopt the culture there. sad. really sad.

It is really no different from us in America or Canada. Wherever there is opportunity and basic services provided, people will go. Not saying it is right but that's the reality.

I have nothing against islam or muslims but we already have to deal with christian missionaries, we don't need another problem up our alley. Not to mention, we already have enough issues with the BIG countries, we do not need the BIG countries to suddenly start saying Haiti is somehow harboring potential terrorists or add religious fundamentalism to their travel warning list. WE HAVE ENOUGH ON OUR PLATE.
 Signature 

I took a big part in sending Jean Bertrand Aristide away....they say, there are five people who sent him away, I am one of the five ~Charles H. Baker

Posted: 09 January 2013 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2012-12-22
Oh lord Haitian Islamophodia is hysterical. LOL

Posted: 09 January 2013 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Gwo Chèf
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2011-08-24
Of all religions...Islam. Haitians have gone crazy. This religion is the bottom of the barrel.

Haitians like to copy foreigners so much. Why don't they copy the Japanese, Singaporean, Taiwanese, South Korean and become atheists/agnostics or just Buddhists. They might as well start to follow something that will help them be more productive in their lives.

Posted: 09 January 2013 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2331
Joined  1969-12-31

"It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics."

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers.
 Signature 

Respect all life; Reject violence; Share with others; Listen to understand; Preserve the planet; Rediscover solidarity; Peace is in our hands.

1 of 2