Total Posts:  124
Joined  2010-02-12
733934_500996103269016_449863224_n.jpg

Posted: 03 March 2013 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Sr. Member - Chef de la Patrie
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3234
Joined  1969-12-31
i knew it would take outsiders to think forward.

this is great! i hope it comes to fruition. a project such as this would definitely move the country in the right direction' foreign investors would definitely come in by the boatload.
 Signature 

lougarou, si se wou di se wou wi.

Posted: 03 March 2013 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10633
Joined  1969-12-31
Ti-Joe Gro Nen - 03 March 2013 07:14 AM
i knew it would take outsiders to think forward.

this is great! i hope it comes to fruition. a project such as this would definitely move the country in the right direction' foreign investors would definitely come in by the boatload.

lol...lol...lol

Tijoe, route nationale #2 is the width of a small US street.

route sou railles is a little broader and has a divider.

The above picture of highway interchange is just fantasy.............there are no highways involved.......all that is needed is a pair of traffic lights.

Go on google earth and post a picture of that intersection and you will also have a good laugh.

Posted: 03 March 2013 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3967
Joined  2008-06-29
I don't agree Jesus Christ you are being negative here.

These are roads that will be constructed in the near future, these will be the first type of highways Haiti will have.
 Signature 

EDUCATION is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance

NO MATTER how dark the night the sun always rises.

Posted: 03 March 2013 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3967
Joined  2008-06-29

Here's the video where Laurent Lamothe talked about the constructions that are happening now in Haiti ,and the ones that will come in the near future

Signature 

EDUCATION is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance

NO MATTER how dark the night the sun always rises.

Posted: 03 March 2013 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
maximo - 03 March 2013 11:18 AM

These are roads that will be constructed in the near future, these will be the first type of highways Haiti will have.

So they are replacing the route kalfour/ route nationale # 2 with a multi lane highway????

Maximo, se moun Okay wi mwen ye...and I know route nationale # 2 and routr sous railles. They are just two city streets.

There are no highways for a highway interchange....and there are no plans to turn route nationale # 2 into a highway.

The white man is only paying for two lane routes and haiti is broke.

Posting pictures is one thing, but make sure you know what you are talking about when you want to challenge.

Posted: 03 March 2013 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3813
Joined  2008-08-19
Jesus Christ - 03 March 2013 11:40 AM

This is financed by Petrocaribe not the good white people. So it's going on Haiti's balance sheet.
 Signature 

Les grandes familles haïtiennes sont milliardaires en gourdes, la monnaie nationale. Nous sommes milliardaires en dollars.”
-Maarten Boute, Digicel

Posted: 03 March 2013 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
Benz - 03 March 2013 11:52 AM

This is financed by Petrocaribe not the good white people. So it's going on Haiti's balance sheet.

What's being financed by petrocaribe.......the highway interchange where there are no highways?????

Or the plan to turn ti-route nationale #2 into a highway????

Do tell BENZ.

Posted: 03 March 2013 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3813
Joined  2008-08-19
Jesus Christ - 03 March 2013 11:59 AM
Benz - 03 March 2013 11:52 AM

What's being financed by petrocaribe.......the highway interchange where there are no highways?????

Or the plan to turn ti-route nationale #2 into a highway????

Do tell BENZ.

I'm not sure where Maximo is getting this highway idea from.

I'm just pointing out that the road improvement that this Dominican firm is doing will be financed by Petrocaribe funds. Debt incurred by the Haitian govt.
 Signature 

Les grandes familles haïtiennes sont milliardaires en gourdes, la monnaie nationale. Nous sommes milliardaires en dollars.”
-Maarten Boute, Digicel

Posted: 03 March 2013 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2193
Joined  2010-05-19
C'est bien beau de parler d'autoroutes but having a metro/Train in Haiti is a MUST if we truly want to take care of decentralization..

Posted: 03 March 2013 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
Benz - 03 March 2013 12:03 PM

I'm not sure where Maximo is getting this highway idea from.

I'm just pointing out that the road improvement that this Dominican firm is doing will be financed by Petrocaribe funds. Debt incurred by the Haitian govt.

OK..so you are not talking about the picture at the start of this thread.

Fair enough.

Posted: 03 March 2013 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
Speaking of PetroCaribe....the good and bad.

What is PetroCaribe in Haiti?

Monday, 02 April 2012 11:17

Written by S. Maxime

ORLANDO, USA (defend.ht) - With so much discussion on irregular contracts signed and paid to the tune of $500 million [US], it is important that young Haitians, especially, understand where this money comes from and what it is. It is from PetroCaribe and it is not humanitarian aid, it is a loan from Venezuela.

Former President Rene Preval should be credited for a lot of things during his terms as president. His administration amended the Constitution of 1987, developed the national statistical system in accordance with international practices, established the law for the Superior Council of the Judicial Power (CSPJ) and began and ended two terms in office, passing power to a successor. But one of Preval's most underrated achievements was getting Haiti into PetroCaribe against the efforts of the international community.

In 2011, Haiti collected $232 million [US] in tax revenue, this was one of the best years. PetroCaribe brings in about $300 million [US] per year in revenue that goes directly to the Haitian government. PetroCaribe more than doubles the government of Haiti and its institution's capacity to serve the Haitian people.

Unlike humanitarian aid which bypasses the state and is allocated to specific projects by the donor and often isn't injected into the Haitian economy, PetroCaribe is the opposite. Funds are not earmarked and go directly into the National Treasury where elected officials can decide on how they should be used. PetroCaribe is empowering for Haiti and is helpful in the fight for sovereignty and sustainability - if used correctly.

Because PetroCaribe is a Loan.

PetroCaribe funds are loans that are to begin being repaid in about 18 years.

Venezuela is a producer of energy and provides Haiti a certain number of barrels of pre-refined crude.

Of those barrels Haiti sells, only 40% has to be given back to Venezuela. The other 60%, Haiti can keep, can use to do whatever it wishes, to build a sustainable economy, stable nation, etc. But this 60%, will have to be repaid.

PetroCaribe and the Emergency Law

When a disaster occurs in Haiti, the Haitian Parliament can vote the country into emergency status which will give the Executive government freedom to use government funds in short order and with little red tape.

Often it would take months, up to a year, with many signatures, oversight, bidding of contracts, and other steps to allocate millions of dollars to a project but with the emergency law, much of these speed bumps are removed to get money where it is needed.

In the past administration of Jean-Max Bellerive, there were funds in the Interim-Haiti Recovery Commission (IHRC) but even under the emergency law, Bellerive would have had to get the approval from commission members that included donors from the international community and members of the Haitian government and civil society. But Bellerive did not have that same oversight with government funds which included the 60% revenue from PetroCaribe.

The situation today in Haiti is in trying to figure out what happened with the hundreds of millions of dollars of money spent during the emergency law. This money was loaned to Haiti and the younger generation will have to pay it back.

So far, the former Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive and the President he advises, Michel Martelly, have worked with other members of the executive to not disclose all the contracts signed with the PetroCaribe funds.

One contract, for $4.5 million [US] was signed during the emergency law to build 10 football stadiums throughout the country. Details of this project has not been disclosed. A number of other contracts signed with Dominican companies remain undisclosed as well. Herein, lies a problem.

Posted: 03 March 2013 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  1969-12-31
I said highway (any road can be called a highway)....but I was being coy........that route nationale # 2 in that pic looks more like an expressway.
[ Edited: 03 March 2013 01:27 PM by Jesus Christ ]

1 of 2